Are you a member in good standing who missed the 2013 Tionól? Or did you attend, but wish you had a “soft copy” of the official Tionól transcriptions from your Tionól binder? Rejoice! Mick’s finally updated the Tunebook page. See the Tunebook page, specifically the “Transcriptions from Recordings” section, for three sets of tunes from Patrick D’Arcy, Joey Abarta, and Pat Cook & Karen Cook Cannady, respectively.
Give to the Max Day! November 14, 2013!
The Tionól Concert Approaches!
Are you planning on attending this Saturday’s GNIPC 2013 Tionól Concert? It will feature acclaimed uilleann pipers Joey Abarta, Patrick D’Arcy, and Patrick Cannady, with Karen Cook Cannady on fiddle and additional special guests. A finer night of piping, you won’t encounter this year!
With performers of such stature, this will be an especially memorable performance not just for pipery-geeks, but for the local Irish-American community at large. Get your tickets in advance, here, or at the door.
And please feel free to share the link to the Facebook Event we’ve created for the concert: http://www.facebook.com/events/161109660747974/?ref=2 (while you’re at it, please “like” it yourself!).
Set List: Sept. 1 General Meeting
Here’s a complete list of tunes we played at this past Sunday’s General Meeting:
1. P&O Polka/Riding on a Load of Hay/Muirsheen Durkin/Jimmy Doyle’s Polka
2. Walls of Liscarroll/East at Glendart/Bill Harte’s Jig
3. March of the Kings of Laois
4. Frost is All Over/Munster Buttermilk (jig)
5. Out on the Ocean (jig; in both G and A)
6. Donal in the Pigpen/Dancing Feet (Scottish jigs)
7. Drops of Brandy/Leitrim Quickstep (slip jigs)
8. Fermoy Lasses/Jim Kennedy’s/Tailor’s Thimble (reels)
9. Road to Lisdoonvarna (reel, jig)
10. Bugle Hornpipe/Chief O’Neill’s Favorite/Standing Abbey
11. Jim Ward’s Jig/Cobbler’s Jig (Lark in the Strand)/Give Us a Drink of Water
12. Sliabh Russell/Blarney Pilgrim (jigs)
13. Heathery Breeze/Sean Reid’s Fancy/Sally Gardens/Peter Street/Come West Along
14. When the Cock Crows It Is Day/Saddle the Pony (jigs)
15. O’Sullivan’s March/Sporting Pitchfork/Rambling Pitchfork (jigs)
16. Fraher’s Jig/Garret Barry’s Jig/Sean Bui
Special Irish Fair Gen. Meeting: Sat. Aug. 10
Our next General Meeting will be held in public, at the Keegan’s Pub Traditional Music tent at Irish Fair at St. Paul’s Harriet Island on Saturday, August 10 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm. You might also enjoy participating in the 2-hour open (non-GNIPC) session that begins at 3:00 pm, and seeing Tom Klein perform at 5:00 pm.
Agenda: Irish Fair General Meeting, Sat. 08/10/2013 at 1:00 pm
1:00 Introduction, Tionol/concert announcement
1:06 Tunes (see set lists on www.gnipc.org from the past few meetings)
3:00 Participate in open Traditional Music Session? (2 hrs.)
5:00 Tom Klein performs (also on Fri. 8/9 at 7:00 pm)
There will be ample other opportunities to play in Keegan’s tent that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hope to see you at the Irish Fair!