The next General Meeting of the Great Northern Irish Pipers Club will take place this coming Sunday 02 March 2014, from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm at The Celtic Junction, 836 Prior Ave. N., St. Paul.
Agenda: 3:00 Club business: Welcome to the press; Dues; Tune Refresh Project 3:15 Tunes 4:00 Break 4:10 Hardware talk: making winter reeds; season-proofing reeds 4:30 Tunes 5:00 Adjourn
While I’ve got your attention, here are two quick reminders: February is Dues Month, so if you haven’t yet, please pay your dues at http://www.gnipc.org/membership/ .
Also, the CIM-sponsored Martino Vacca seminar this Thursday evening at The Celtic Junction is now full. Thanks to all of you who have made this a sold-out event!
Hope to see you this Thursday or Sunday!
Are you planning on attending this Saturday’s GNIPC 2013 Tionól Concert? It will feature acclaimed uilleann pipers Joey Abarta, Patrick D’Arcy, and Patrick Cannady, with Karen Cook Cannady on fiddle and additional special guests. A finer night of piping, you won’t encounter this year!
With performers of such stature, this will be an especially memorable performance not just for pipery-geeks, but for the local Irish-American community at large. Get your tickets in advance, here, or at the door.
And please feel free to share the link to the Facebook Event we’ve created for the concert: http://www.facebook.com/events/161109660747974/?ref=2 (while you’re at it, please “like” it yourself!).
Here’s a complete list of tunes we played at this past Sunday’s General Meeting:
1. P&O Polka/Riding on a Load of Hay/Muirsheen Durkin/Jimmy Doyle’s Polka
2. Walls of Liscarroll/East at Glendart/Bill Harte’s Jig
3. March of the Kings of Laois
4. Frost is All Over/Munster Buttermilk (jig)
5. Out on the Ocean (jig; in both G and A)
6. Donal in the Pigpen/Dancing Feet (Scottish jigs)
7. Drops of Brandy/Leitrim Quickstep (slip jigs)
8. Fermoy Lasses/Jim Kennedy’s/Tailor’s Thimble (reels)
9. Road to Lisdoonvarna (reel, jig)
10. Bugle Hornpipe/Chief O’Neill’s Favorite/Standing Abbey
11. Jim Ward’s Jig/Cobbler’s Jig (Lark in the Strand)/Give Us a Drink of Water
12. Sliabh Russell/Blarney Pilgrim (jigs)
13. Heathery Breeze/Sean Reid’s Fancy/Sally Gardens/Peter Street/Come West Along
14. When the Cock Crows It Is Day/Saddle the Pony (jigs)
15. O’Sullivan’s March/Sporting Pitchfork/Rambling Pitchfork (jigs)
16. Fraher’s Jig/Garret Barry’s Jig/Sean Bui
Our next General Meeting will be held in public, at the Keegan’s Pub Traditional Music tent at Irish Fair at St. Paul’s Harriet Island on Saturday, August 10 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm. You might also enjoy participating in the 2-hour open (non-GNIPC) session that begins at 3:00 pm, and seeing Tom Klein perform at 5:00 pm.
Agenda: Irish Fair General Meeting, Sat. 08/10/2013 at 1:00 pm
1:00 Introduction, Tionol/concert announcement
1:06 Tunes (see set lists on www.gnipc.org from the past few meetings)
3:00 Participate in open Traditional Music Session? (2 hrs.)
5:00 Tom Klein performs (also on Fri. 8/9 at 7:00 pm)
There will be ample other opportunities to play in Keegan’s tent that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hope to see you at the Irish Fair!
Registration is now open for the The Great Northern Irish Pipers Club’s 2013 Tionól, to be held from Friday 27 September through Sunday 29 September 2013 at The Celtic Junction in St. Paul, Minnesota (836 Prior Avenue, 55104). The GNIPC 2013 Tionól features internationally acclaimed performing artists Joey Abarta, Patrick Cannady, and Patrick D’Arcy.
Your registration fee, available through August 16 at the discounted rate of $90 for GNIPC members (current with dues) or $100 for non-members ($108/$120 after Aug. 16), covers three days of group playing sessions, admission to the Saturday evening Tionól concert (7:30 pm on 9/28), and private lessons with our guest artists. Senior Citizen and Student discounts are available on request.
Register now at http://www.gnipc.org/tionol-main/tionol-2013/ !
Concert tickets for those not registering for the Tionól can be purchased at the same site, at the rate of $18 for GNIPC members and $20 for non-members.
Hope you’ll join us!