Here’s the complete set list from this past Sunday’s General Meeting. Hope to see you next month!
- Jigs: Newport Lasses (aka Trip to Athlone) / Gander in the Pratie Hole
- Jig: When Sick is it Tea You Want?
- Jigs: Out on the Ocean / The Cordal (aka Julia Clifford’s Jig) / Blarney Pilgrim / Jimmy Ward’s
- March of the Kings of Laois
- Reels: Rainy Day / Silver Spear
- Garret Barry’s Reel / Corney is Coming
- Reels: The Old Bush / Maid in the Cherry Tree
- Jig: Tatter Jack Walsh
- Jigs: Rolling Wave / Rambling Pitchfork
- Jigs: Humors of Ballyloughlin / Old Tipperary
- Jigs: Walls of Liscarrol / East at Glendart / Bill Hart’s Jig
- March: Eagle’s Whistle
The past week has been a good one, with a sold-out seminar by Martino Vacca from Fullset (special thanks to the CIM for presenting this event!) and a well-attended General Meeting that was covered by the Minneapolis Star Tribune, for a feature story that’s scheduled to run on 3/15/2014.
Here are several pictures from Martino’s seminar:
The next General Meeting of the Great Northern Irish Pipers Club will take place this coming Sunday 02 March 2014, from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm at The Celtic Junction, 836 Prior Ave. N., St. Paul.
Agenda: 3:00 Club business: Welcome to the press; Dues; Tune Refresh Project 3:15 Tunes 4:00 Break 4:10 Hardware talk: making winter reeds; season-proofing reeds 4:30 Tunes 5:00 Adjourn
While I’ve got your attention, here are two quick reminders: February is Dues Month, so if you haven’t yet, please pay your dues at http://www.gnipc.org/membership/ .
Also, the CIM-sponsored Martino Vacca seminar this Thursday evening at The Celtic Junction is now full. Thanks to all of you who have made this a sold-out event!
Hope to see you this Thursday or Sunday!
Are you planning on attending this Saturday’s GNIPC 2013 Tionól Concert? It will feature acclaimed uilleann pipers Joey Abarta, Patrick D’Arcy, and Patrick Cannady, with Karen Cook Cannady on fiddle and additional special guests. A finer night of piping, you won’t encounter this year!
With performers of such stature, this will be an especially memorable performance not just for pipery-geeks, but for the local Irish-American community at large. Get your tickets in advance, here, or at the door.
And please feel free to share the link to the Facebook Event we’ve created for the concert: http://www.facebook.com/events/161109660747974/?ref=2 (while you’re at it, please “like” it yourself!).
Here’s a complete list of tunes we played at this past Sunday’s General Meeting:
1. P&O Polka/Riding on a Load of Hay/Muirsheen Durkin/Jimmy Doyle’s Polka
2. Walls of Liscarroll/East at Glendart/Bill Harte’s Jig
3. March of the Kings of Laois
4. Frost is All Over/Munster Buttermilk (jig)
5. Out on the Ocean (jig; in both G and A)
6. Donal in the Pigpen/Dancing Feet (Scottish jigs)
7. Drops of Brandy/Leitrim Quickstep (slip jigs)
8. Fermoy Lasses/Jim Kennedy’s/Tailor’s Thimble (reels)
9. Road to Lisdoonvarna (reel, jig)
10. Bugle Hornpipe/Chief O’Neill’s Favorite/Standing Abbey
11. Jim Ward’s Jig/Cobbler’s Jig (Lark in the Strand)/Give Us a Drink of Water
12. Sliabh Russell/Blarney Pilgrim (jigs)
13. Heathery Breeze/Sean Reid’s Fancy/Sally Gardens/Peter Street/Come West Along
14. When the Cock Crows It Is Day/Saddle the Pony (jigs)
15. O’Sullivan’s March/Sporting Pitchfork/Rambling Pitchfork (jigs)
16. Fraher’s Jig/Garret Barry’s Jig/Sean Bui