Special piping guest Joey Abarta will lead pipers in all things pipering Sept. 26, 2015 in St. Paul. House concert to wrap up the day in spectacular fashion, too! Details and register here.
I meant to post these weeks ago, but better late than never. Here are two shots from the GNIPC appearance at the Lift Bridge Brewery’s “Irish Coffee Stout Release Event” on 04/07/2015. This was a long, fun performance, and it was well received by the event’s large, enthusiastic audience!
And here are two shots from our annual appearance at the Irish Music & Dance Association’s “Day of Irish Dance” at Landmark Center on 04/15/2015:
Finally, here’s a video of “Eagle’s Whistle,” from that same event. We had them clapping!
We’ve got two official GNIPC performances this month, about which we’re especially excited.
First, we’re providing 90 minutes’ worth of music for the Lift Bridge Brewery’s “Irish Coffee Stout Release Event” at Lift Bridge Brewery in Stillwater, MN, on Saturday 7 March from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Details available at Facebook (must be logged in to view) or at Eventbrite.
Second, we’re making our annual appearance at the Irish Music and Dance Association’s “Day of Irish Dance” at the Landmark Center in St. Paul in the Tea Room at 3:40 pm on Sunday 15 March.
We hope you’ll join us — bask in the piping-ensemble vibrations, and support your favorite local uilleann pipers!
The next GNIPC Pipers’ Session will take place on Sunday 28 December at The Celtic Junction (836 Prior Ave., St. Paul). The Beginners’/Newcomers’ segment begins at 2:00 pm, and the Maximum Tune Density portion commences at 3:00 pm, the whole deal concluding at 4:00 pm (or whenever — I left at 4 last time, and people just kept playing!).
All current, lapsed, and prospective members and fellow-travelers, and the morbidly curious, are welcome. Hope to see you on the 28th.
In the mean time, Happy Holidays!
November brought another great Pipers’ Session! Nine of us attended, and played the following:
- Eileen Aroon*
- Dawning of the Day*
- Slip Jigs: Drops of Brandy / Leitrim Quickstep*
- Jim Ward’s Jig / Merrily Kiss the Quaker*
- Lesson: Merrily Kiss the Quaker (thanks, Adam!)*
- March of the Kings of Laois
- Hag With the Money
- Reel: Teampall an Ghleanntáin
- Reels: The Green Mountain / The Sligo Maid / Rolling in the Ryegrass
- Jig: The Yellow Wattle
- Reels: The West Wind / Sean Reid’s Fancy
- Reels: Milliner’s Daughter / Garret Barry’s Reel / Corney is Coming / Dunmore Lasses
- Reels: The Earl’s Chair / Miss MacLeod’s
- Slip Jigs: Kid on the Mountain / An Phis Fliuch / White Cannavans
- Jigs: Humors of Ballyloughlin / Out on the Ocean / Julia Clifford’s
- Jigs: Blarney Pilgrim / Jim Ward’s (reprise)